The McKeown Foundation makes grants in the greater Philadelphia area and, on a limited geographic basis, regionally. Funding for unsolicited requests is very limited.
- Only nonprofit charitable organizations, exempt under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, are eligible to receive a grant.
- The McKeown Foundation accepts unsolicited grant requests up to $5,000.
- Grants are awarded for one year only. Projects of special interest to the Foundation may be considered for multi-year funding and larger gifts.
- Awards must be used only for the purposes for which they were requested. Organizations are required to submit a final written report within 12 months of when the grant was made, which will include a brief narrative of project activities and a final accounting of how grant funds have been used.
- The McKeown Foundation reserves the right to withhold and/or recover grant funds in the case that funds have been, or appear to be, misused.
Provide a cover document that includes:
- Organization name, address, website, email address, current organization budget total
- Contact name, title, telephone number, email address, and relationship to organization
- Project name, total project budget, grant amount requested, and a summary description not to exceed 200 words
Signature of Principal Executive or Volunteer Officer: printed name, title, signature, and date.
Proposal narratives should not exceed four pages and should clearly set forth the proposed program/project and objectives. Proposals should include:
- A brief history of the organization, including its mission.
- A statement of need for the program/project.
- Goals and objectives for the program/project.
- A description of activities to achieve the stated goals and objectives.
- An outline of how the program’s success will be monitored and evaluated.
- An explanation of how the program would be successful if only partial funding were awarded.
- Program/project budget, including revenue and expenses.
- Organizational budget including revenue and expenses.
- Copy of IRS 501(c)(3) letter of determination.
- Copy of most recent audited financial statement or IRS Form 990.
- Optional: brochure, newsletter article or other written material describing program.
Please submit all materials in Word, Excel, or PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1st. All applicants will be informed of the outcome by the following January 15th .
Questions can be directed to the same email address.
Upon receipt of the completed proposal, the Foundation may request additional information or schedule a visit.